This article, Sector XI Central American Zone, is still being written by its owner Lither. They apologise for the inconvenience.
|Political centres|| Mexico City|
|Official language(s)||Nuevoyestúpidoespañol, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, English, Italian, Mayan and Maipa|
|Member states||Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, The Bahamas, Jamaica, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico|
|Monarch||Ex-Presidente Admint Toll|
|President||Ex-Presidente Admint Toll|
|Prime minister||Ex-Presidente Admint Toll|
|Other officials||Ex-Presidente Admint Toll, Michel Castro, Klaus von Austerlitz, Bruce Somoron and Alice Valentina|
|Population||900,000,000 (est; no reliable data)|
|World superpower ranking||12|
|Main exports||Bad Ideas, Irresponsible People, Wars, "Water"|
|Controlling power||The Presidente|
|Government type||Feudal adhocratic authoritarian anocratic capitalist republic|
|Average crime rate||93% (0.5% before the rise of Ex-Presidente Admint Toll, only 93% due to 7% of the population granted immunity from legal proceedings)|
|Crime control||F (A+ before the rise of Ex-Presidente Admint Toll)|
|Unemployment||20-30% (no official figures, 6% before the rise of Ex-Presidente Admint Toll)|
The Central American Zone, also officially known as the Union of Central American Republics (Spanish: Unión de Repúblicas Centroamericana) is a politically unstable nation within Central America. As an anocracy, the constant danger remains of the constituent parties splitting the nation in a civil war, however the focus on protecting from external threats has prevented that so far. It is infamous for being the most politically repressive nations in existence, at least in theory. In practice, rampant corruption, complete incompetency and lack of funds due to money being diverted to the Preguntoarma has resulted in a sector some consider to be a failed state, and largely not repressive unless one actually goes out of the way to be noticed by the variety of militia groups or government forces.
Sector XI has the death penalty for most crimes. It fluctuates, however, with the death penalty itself being instigated and banned almost twice yearly and the crimes that are punished with it changing on a monthly basis. As such, it is common for criminals to be shifted in and out of the death row far faster than the execution can be arranged, making the death penalty itself only used in summary executions. More than one police officer has been jailed for performing a summary execution while the death penalty was still illegal. Due to bureaucratic oversights, they tend to get pardoned within five to ten years, assuming they were not put upon a rare successful death row. Despite this, all jails are required to have small monkeys to amuse visitors.
In current estimations eight Central Americans are proud of their homeland. Sector XI also has gained some infamy for having short breaks in television presentations as oxygen-starved speakers of the mandated Nuevoyestúpidoespañol are revived. Others address this issue by cycling through a large number of presenters to give others time to wake up.
|“||Today, doping has once again tarnished our most respected sporting institutions. It is uncertain how the Central American National Patriotic Bowling Organisation will recover.||”|
In what is considered the greatest mystery of the 22nd Century, Sector XI is the most technologically advanced sector in the world. However, it suffers from a crippling handicap with its inability to muster the funds to use the technological marvels for anything beyond the ultra-expensive megaprojects the sector is infamous for. A return of smallpox epidemics has also caused some level of disruption to the national economy.
The Big Three
|“||Toll never fixed problems, he just turned them into different ones.||”|
The Big Three, as they are frequently referred to, are three major companies that control nearly every aspect of life in Central America. After the Nicaragua Disaster, as Toll referred to it, he saw issues with state-backed monopolies and intended to diversify his economy and introduce competition by splitting up the current economic monopoly into three different companies in constant competition with each other to maximise efficiency. The three companies formed were called Ladolt Incorporated, Pule Corporation and Shyom Industries, named after the three oligarchs and owners, Ladolt Mint, Barnmuch Pule and Byres Shyom, loyal nephews of Admint Toll.
Each giant corporation inherited equal sections of every economic production within Central America, and were subsidised to ensure they could compete in each field, but almost immediately they began to take on different methods. Pule Corporation began manufacturing high-tech extremely valuable products intended for the wealthiest of the world, while Shyom Industries began mass producing practical goods at such low quality and cost to be guaranteed a profit, primarily finding consumers among the extremely poor workers of Central America. Ladolt Incorporated, however, manufactured middling quality goods aimed at proletariats who enjoyed pretending to be bourgeois. Despite this, the economic output made leaps under the Big Three, and Toll considered it proof of the superiority of his system. Broadly, this was true.
In the interests of reducing factory costs, Toll legalised dumping industrial waste into waterways, including dams. Because of this, Central American water is, on average, 3-5% lead and mercury. This does explain a lot about the sector, especially in how Admint Toll refuses to drink any water that is not "Pure Central American". The water is a dull shade of grey - which Toll calls "patriotic" as it is also Central America's national colour - with the consistency of fizzing pea soup. It can be set alight and cut with a knife, and in ordinary water sinks to the bottom like mud. In other nations, the water is either a controlled substance, a chemical weapon or declared a "water-based substance". Further analysis deemed it was only 8% water, and after the Central American Spring started, controversy ensued as it turned out Pule Corporation had been dumping docility and obedience drugs into the waterways. Additions of stimulants and steroids to encourage worker productivity ran rampant, even to the point of spiking the water with cocaine and foreign amphetamines. The government of North America imports considerable quantities and is investigating the feasibility of use on Upper South America.
Side effects of consumption of the "water" includes but is not limited to autism, rabies, psychosis (permanent), blindness, grossly impaired decision making (permanent), cancer, loss of bowel control, loss of bladder control, kidney disease, cardiac arrest (permanent), testicular elephantiasis, anal rupturing, penis enlargement (permanent), death from unknown causes (permanent), hallucinations, change in ethnicity (permanent), ability to understand only Nuevoyestúpidoespañol, impaired driving ability, inability to regulate internal body temperature, sick building syndrome (permanent), sudden appearance of wind farms, believing Admint Toll is a good leader (believed to be linked to gross impairment of decision making), autism worsening (permanent), cows electrocuted, earthworms leaving the soil, mass death of goats (permanent), itching, irritability, rapid increase in fertility (permanent), reduced learning ability, memory loss (permanent), menstruation five times a month (permanent; regardless of sex), peacock relationship problems, sudden appearance of peacocks (permanent), sudden disappearance of peacocks, rapid peacock population growth, rage attacks, weight gain, weight loss, vibrations in body (permanent), chronic diseases exacerbated, crickets disappearing, dogs staring at walls, dogs barking for no apparent reason, dogs chasing red dots, dogs fetching thrown sticks, mutated chickens, worsening of air quality, accelerated aging, arthritis worsening, childhood behavioural problems, antagonisation of North Americans, herpes, diarrhoea, rocket accidents, performing extremely unsanitary things on rocketry, genital burns, ordinary lumps of iron exploding, death of all cancerous cells, death of all non-cancerous cells, shaky hands, pelvic vibrations, extravagant moustache growth (non-sex specific), emitting dangerously high levels of gamma radiation, colony collapse disorder, alcohol poisoning, sudden understanding of how Central America can exist, light sensitivity, dark sensitivity, inability to construct simple objects without rocketry, sudden onset of zoophilia, and falling over.
Related to the water situation, the sale of fish in Central America is banned unless the fish has a mercury content exceeding 4ppm, or a lead content exceeding 10 ppm.
|“||And there will never not be a day when the forces of Central America are incapable of not engaging our enemies.||”|
–Ex-Presidente Admint Toll to a confused crowd.
The Central American Zone has a military that is one of the few things that answers to the federal government and no other. Out of fears of a civil war, the states are not allowed to form their own militia.
|“||With capable enough weapons we will eradicate poverty!||”|
–Ex-Presidente Admint Toll to a military gathering.
The Preguntoarma are weapons Sector XI believes can win a war with only a small handful. Without exception they are capable of easily outperforming any other vehicle of the same role, however they are overengineered and overpriced, resulting in weapons the loss of which is a terrible blow to the war effort.
- Ilhadeflutuar: The so-called "Floating Island" is the largest aircraft carrier in existence at made out of a pykrete-like substance reinforced with steel. The size and speed of the monstrosity has lent it the derogatory term of "floating iceberg". It suffered damage that would have crippled a conventional carrier of its size four times in the Great American War and all four times it was returned to service before two months were out. The aircraft, however, were not so easily replaced. The most critical and expensive part is the cooling system. If under severe duress it is capable of short VTOL flight to escape hostile weaponry.
- Transporteaéreocosa: The "Mobile Air Transport" is an attempt at raising aircraft carriers into the skies. The Transporteaéreocosa is a VTOL aircraft capable of carrying and deploying twenty fighters or bombers from its steel depths. The massive size of it rendered it difficult to shoot down with bullets and even conventional missiles. However, it is extremely slow and clunky, with attempts at reducing its vulnerabilities including mounting all-direction missiles on it and automated gun turrets in the wing. One was shot down during the Great American War and lost its entire cargo of aircraft.
- Infanteríatransportecohete: The "Infantry Transport Rocket" is an attempt at taking lessons learnt from rocket interceptors and applying them to air transports. This was an attempt at deploying large numbers of paratroopers as fast as possible in the early stages of a war while moving too fast to be shot down. Injuries among the paratroopers are common and the transport is vulnerable when it slows down to begin the air assault. Despite the name it can transport other goods.
- Armaartilleríafinal: The largest self-propelled artillery gun in existence, and also entirely tungsten-osmium alloy, the "Grandest Artillery Gun" fires 500mm artillery rounds capable of levelling even the toughest defences. It is extremely slow to move, however the autoloader allows it to fire fifteen rounds per minute. It requires a separate convoy of ammunition trucks to be able to fire. There have been no attempts at making this weapon VTOL-capable due to the size and weight of the weapon precluding flight. After the war with Sector I, flak rounds were developed for the Armaartilleríafinal to combat the F-125 Suppressor, due to the Armaartilleríafinal unique property of being capable of surviving even at the heart of a nuclear blast allowing it to theoretically retaliate despite whatever the F-125 launches at it. After receiving a nuclear strike during the war, all crew are required to wear NBC suits during operation.
- Missiledesedébarrasserdeceschiens: This VTOL nuclear missile system was designed for use on heavily armoured targets to ensure complete devastation. Introduced in 2120 and packing a 100 MT multiple warhead system and powered by sulphuric acid, it can strike up to 8 targets with 100MT nuclear devastation. However, little has yet been found to warrant the deployment of the weapon, even in hypothetical exercises, so the missile was adapted to an anti-aircraft weapon, able to target eight different aircraft at once. The defence system is completely automated, which caused a diplomatic incident when a passenger jet from Sector X made an accidental 100 metre deviation from the chartered course and was promptly vaporised. The detonation could reportedly be heard in Beijing. Furthermore, the device once was so sensitive that particularly dense flocks of birds are believed to be capable of setting it off, however thanks to the efficiency of the Coisamatarinsetos, Sector XI has not yet had to deal with that eventuality. The Missiledesedébarrasserdeceschiens caused several Sectors to issue travel warnings to Panama City. The systems have also been criticised as unable to pick up stealth aircraft such as the F-125 Suppressor, however some have noted it thrives on the fear factor rather than any real effectiveness or sanity. Notably, it can also be converted into a tactical weapon system for use in an assault on Panama City itself. For security reasons, there is no manual way to launch an attack except in the tactical manner, which is the only use not automated due to fears of use against herds of farm animals and convoys. Notable is also that the system cannot be disassembled after construction, as attempting to will cause the Missiledesedébarrasserdeceschiens to launch every missile at the area around Panama, even if the device was simply not replenished after firing. This is believed to be the only reason the device is still operation in Central America, despite the authorities expressing the idea that the device is too extreme even for the Preguntoarma. The lead designer, Tamsin Tindal, has since disappeared and has avoided all contact with Sector XI, ensuring that the device is here to stay. The device was tested in Baja California and is why it (as well as Sector I, causing a diplomatic incident) lost nearly twenty kilometres of land into the sea and left the rest - and some nearby areas - as good practice for the Central American NBC Contingent. Located right on the border, Sector I considered the prototype a minor threat to the sector's interests and took it out with a single F-125B Suppressor Annihilator, causing another diplomatic incident and highlighting the problems it faces against stealth aircraft, causing a small "war" between Sector I and XI. The detonation could be heard in Madagascar. The Missiledesedébarrasserdeceschiens system has a rapid relocation ability which allows it if under attack to perform a VTOL takeoff and fly to a safer location. Petitions aimed at getting the Missiledesedébarrasserdeceschiens to fly somewhere else have been largely ineffective.
- Cazadelidiota: The Cazadelidiota is a stealth multi-role VTOL fighter currently in use with the air forces. Its notable design is in its flying wing shape which was believed to offer extreme stealth capabilities. It has two jet engines on either side of what passes for a cockpit, and the wings may fold up to be deployed on carriers. However, it contains a fast-breeder reactor as the main power source, which allows it to remain in the air for weeks at a time, though the extra shielding required the plane to strip the armour down to the bare minimum to remain effective as an aerial combatant. The cannon mounted on the nose is also notable for sometimes cracking the structure it's mounted on or, in one notable incident, breaking the plane in half after thirty seconds of fire.
- Ubåtsomblåseruppfisk: Born of Admint Toll deciding that schools of fish were a severe danger to maritime trade, the Ubåtsomblåseruppfisk is commonly described as unusual, even for a Central American project. The largest submarine in existence, with a submerged displacement of 75,000 tons, it is almost completely unarmed and capable of VTOL. The only weapon they carry is a 112 megaton nuclear warhead, which is detonated inside the submarine as a suicide bombing to clear away large numbers of fish. Unfortunately, a side effect of the detonation usually results in tsunami-sized waves and large quantities of radioactive material contaminating the ocean, which Central America has repeatedly been forced under threats of intervention to fund a cleanup crew. Relying on sonar alone to locate targets, it is not known for accuracy, as it's so far blown up twelve whales, a scuba diving group of thirty-two people and a European merchant convoy, sparking trade sanctions. Notably, one got so far lost as to detonate when inside a Florida port, killing unknown thousands and sparking yet another short war between the North and Central Americans, that formally ended with the official dissolution of the Ubåtsomblåseruppfisk project. This did not prevent Central America from restarting the project several years later, and because of this travel warnings have been issued to avoid the water and coastline.
- Voyennomorskoybombardirovki: The Voyennomorskoybombardirovki was an attempt at translating quantity over quality into the naval sphere. Mass-produced aircraft carriers, they can fit several hundred aircraft on board. Upon sighting an enemy vessel, wave upon wave of untrained pilots flying Dachshund Mk. IIIs covered in explosives are sent to fly directly into the enemy vessel, until it either sinks or they run out of aircraft. If they run out of aircraft, the Voyennomorskoybombardirovki enters ramming speed and deliberately causes a critical reactor situation with the aim of the total destruction of the enemy vessel at all cost. They are generally deployed to curb pirates operating in up to ten-man boats. The number of Voyennomorskoybombardirovki lost in accidents stemming from untrained pilots operating a Dachshund is unknown, but believed to outstrip combat losses by several orders of magnitude, presumably in part due to the complete lack of armour on the carrier. In one notable incident, one Voyennomorskoybombardirovki mistook a European navy vessel carrying military arms to Upper South America for a pirate vessel, sparking a diplomatic incident that resulted in the Euro Zone and Upper South America threatening a joint military intervention.
- Antimateriješišmišabomba: The Antimateriješišmišabomba is a highly effective weapon aimed at the enemy's vital cities. Designed after the older bat bombs, the Central American top scientists simply placed antimatter canisters in those bats and tested them with high-altitude drops. Early tests proved extremely effective, as León was levelled in a series of explosions that could be heard in Paris. They've since entered mass production until an estimated four hundred loads can be dropped from bombers.
|“||I deeply regret some members of my government.||”|
–Ex-Presidente Admint Toll.
The Armasestúpidos are weapons that for various reasons were designed as Preguntoarma but were never adopted.
- Artilleriequitireartillerie: The Artilleriequitireartillerie were VTOL weapons designed to offer rapid deployment of artillery. The Artilleriequitireartillerie were large artillery guns designed to fire canisters that would fall away mid-flight to reveal mountain artillery that would, in theory, fall to the ground gently through parachutes. However, before a prototype could begin construction, the project was cancelled personally by the Chief of the Preguntoarma, citing the reason that it was "the most stupid idea I ever heard" and "would not have a hope in hell of working". Notably, the Chief of the Preguntoarma resigned in disgust after the adoption of the Missiledesedébarrasserdeceschiens.
- Tanquedepropulsióndecohetes: The Tanquedepropulsióndecohetes was an attempt at VTOL rocket artillery based on similar principles to the Artilleriequitireartillerie, in that a large series of rails would fire rockets attached to winged tanks for rapid deployment of an entire company of tanks anywhere within a kilometre. Like the Artilleriequitireartillerie, it was cancelled personally by the Chief of the Preguntoarma, citing the reason that it was "somehow even stupider than the Artilleriequitireartillerie" and that it "posed more of a risk to our own than any other wonderweapon". Notably, the quote was made before the Missiledesedébarrasserdeceschiens.
- Drogadomierdabombardeoaltitud: The high altitude VTOL bomber was an attempt at bringing bombardments into high orbit. Operating on a fast breeder reactor - initially a jet engine before it was discovered fuel does not burn at such high altitudes costing them one experimental pilot - the flying wing conversion of the Azúcar Atómico 922 initially performed admirably in the new environment - namely one free of high-pressure dangers and people shooting at them, though the skin would still rupture from time to time due to pressure differences. However, all four superpowers in an unprecedented unity informed Central America that further progress into the militarisation of space would result in a war to contain such weapons and the project was dropped.
- Roquettesculdincendie: The Roquettesculdincendie are one of the most infamous projects of the Central American regime. Working on the logic that rockets produce a jet of flame, therefore fire elementals should be able to act as VTOL rockets, Admint Toll personally ordered the project to see if fire elementals could work as airborne weapons. Known informally in English as their translation, the "arsefire rockets" for their rather unorthodox method of propulsion, the plan was an abject failure and scrapped quietly before Toll became even more of a laughing stock.
- Antimateriarobardispositivoparaladiversión: The Antimateriarobardispositivoparaladiversión was an experimental device aimed at transferring antimatter from alternate antimatter-rich dimensions into containers for use in weapons projects. The first building was destroyed in a North American air strike. The second building was then built deep under a mountain, however proper sealing procedures were not followed, which resulted in the Andes having three less mountains than before. The third, and final, attempt brought in a creature that was referred as the "Anti-Goat", which ███████ ████ ███████ ██ then ████ ████ ███████ ██ ███████, started bleating loudly, ██████████████ ███ ████ containment procedures failed as ███ ██████ ███, attempted to reproduce ███████ ████ █ with ██████ ███ rectal-cranial inversion ████ ████ ██████████, leaving eight cities █████ ███████ before it was finally sent back to where it came. No further attempts were tried.
- Cohetesdachshundsilla: Generaloberst Klaus von Austerlitz noted the extreme speed displayed by the Cohetessilla and experimented with building a rocket interceptor around it. It worked surprisingly well, but a shortage of goat wool, seals, rocking chairs, aluminium powder and uranium forced the project closed.
The Nudnézadekstandardnízbraně are the standard equipment of the Central American National Army, the Níbheidhtúaistriúchánseoaraonnós. While they contain the typical XI ingenuity and blatant disregard for human life, they are still a credible threat in the right hands or, in some cases, even by existing.
- Strontsaaitank: The standard tank of the Central American National Army, the Strontsaaitank is generally at least twenty years behind most other nation's armoured vehicles, with the exception of its modern nuclear propulsion. Despite being generally useless, a specific variation called the Nucleairstrontsaaitank is designed to inflict terror and destruction where it moves. Instead of firing regular ammunition, it sprays a stream of incendiary liquid mixed in with nuclear waste. Those who survive the burns generally succumb to the toxic ingredients. In some campaigns, such as the frantic retreat during the Great American War, the Nucleairstrontsaaitank has been used to conduct a scorched earth campaign. With no internal radiation shielding, few crew members survive more than one operation. Central America is experimenting with genetic meddling to create "radiation-proof humans, like cockroaches". Recruits cannot be trained in actual tanks as that would kill the recruits; instead they have to make do with cardboard copies and making tank noises.
- Ametralladoraestúpido: These assault rifles, battle rifles by other sources, are the main weapons of the Central American military forces. Described by detractors as "too many features shoved into one gun", the entirely tungsten-osmium alloy rifle has 45-round magazines firing caseless 12.7×99mm tracer exploding rounds, five of which at a time may be stored in the barrel using a complex computer located in the stock to be fired all at once. It contains an underslung missile launcher firing heat-seeking anti-tank missiles, known for burning the hand of the one who fires it, as well as a grenade launcher along the left side that may also be used as a shotgun. The main sight along the top is a sight that can be switched between 12x magnification and 6x magnification. A red dot sight along the right side for easier firing is also located on top of a bayonet. The gun detonating is considered a minor occupational hazard. The weapon is coil-accelerated and demonstrates the fundamental flaws of coil weaponry; in that the bright blue trail of ionised air gives away the position of the firer. For similar reasons, wiser nations have been slow to adopt coil technology. While VTOL-capable artillery weapons are widespread within Sector XI, the Ametralladoraestúpido has not been effectively converted to flight due to limited space remaining on the firearm.
- Granadaescupiendomuertepesadillallevar: The Granadaescupiendomuertepesadillallevar is a VTOL sidearm given to every soldier of the Central American military. Automatic and containing thirty rounds in every magazine, the Granadaescupiendomuertepesadillallevar has one major difference between it and other contemporary firearms is in the rounds it fires, 40mm grenades. The magazine is longer than the sidearm.
- Zhīzhūzhuāngjiǎ: The Zhīzhūzhuāngjiǎ is the uniform of the Central American National Army. Woven from spider webbing, it is very resistant to damage and is known for surviving well past the wearer. This is a good thing, as it's extremely expensive and time-consuming to procure. Despite this, Central American militaries dress in the height of Napoleonic military fashion, even into battle.
- Duzuereirakurrinahihoriek: This body armour was designed to offer maximum survivability to the Central American soldier. Airtight, almost completely immune to small-arms fire and "mostly" radiation proof, it's the most protective body armour in existence. Foreign witnesses often mistake it for a bomb disposal suit, as it's that bulky and unwieldy. The faceplate is known for fogging up, the armour makes only slightly less noise than an armoured company and is nigh-impossible to take cover in. Combined with the garish and attention-grabbing design has resulted in an armour soldiers are well-known for refusing to be issued under the belief their chances of survival are higher without.
- Antiraketëraketëavion: Developed in the aftermath of the Great American War as Admint Toll demanded a more mobile Missiledesedébarrasserdeceschiens to support military operations, the Antiraketëraketëavion is to a surface-to-air missile system as a battleship is to a patrol boat. Packing a grand total of eight hundred and seventy three miniature nuclear missiles with a 5 kiloton yield, it is the standard SAM system of the Central American military forces. This inane firepower comes at a hefty cost, however, as all missiles must be fired at once, the vehicle can move at a grand total of five kilometres an hour under ideal conditions, and the missile detachments regularly fail, taking the Antiraketëraketëavion on a one-way trip after the aircraft. On the upside, it does have a greater than 803% aircraft kill rate, as well as anything else unfortunate enough to be in the sky at the time. The statistical discrepancies can be nailed down to friendly aircraft kills being counted as well.
|“||What we need to fix starvation and poverty is a nice new maglev train line allowing food to be transported to the cities.||”|
–Ex-Presidente Admint Toll on the opening of the Relámpagotren, a maglev that neither transported food nor decreased poverty, but increased it due to budget cuts to fund it. On the up side, it did move between cities.
"Civilian Wonderweapons", demonstrating the blurred line between the military and the civilians in Sector XI are economically ruinous devices intended to show Sector XI superiority over every other nation.
- Trenrayocohete: The Trenrayocohete was designed to be a VTOL rocket powered monorail train running along steel rails. Though the idea was well-intentioned and using their prior extensive experience in rocketry, Sector XI suffered a string of burn injuries, trauma from passengers that were flung against the sides or floor and the odd detonation officially due to sabotage but in practice possibly due to the extensive sourcing of the Dachshund for rocket engine designs. It currently holds the land speed record for civilian trains reaching an impressive 616 km/h during a test run. Theories hold that it may be capable of breaking air speed records. Lacking any form of safety gear usually results in the occupants of one carriage ending up in a sore and bruised heap. For unrelated reasons, sharp objects are banned.
- Reactororeprodutorerápidoexpérimental: Central America's experimental fast breeder reactor is an amazingly efficient VTOL-capable machine capable of outproducing the next most efficient fast breeder reactor by twelve times. The power produced by the reactor powers the Relámpagotren across the country and is the sole source of fissile material for the rest of the Sector. However, it has some small, relatively unimportant flaws in the machine. No living creature - not even cockroaches - can exist within a twelve-kilometre radius of the reactor, which is also underground. All staff are required to wear lead-lined NBC suits, and are not allowed to work longer than an hour within the reactor, as well as having a dramatically shortened lifespan. It also has an incident once every few months. A spokesperson for the reactor stated that they were "minor difficulties we fully expect to fix within the next year" on July 8, 2112.
- Coisamatarinsetos: The product of a failed experiment, the Coisamatarinsetos was a giant automated VTOL LASER defence system located in Panama designed to eradicate hostile aircraft, however the size and power requirements of the device was considered too inefficient in the light of the conversion of the Missiledesedébarrasserdeceschiens into anti-aircraft role. The modern Coisamatarinsetos now is used to keep the skies of Panama free of disease-spreading insects and birds deemed at high risk of pooping on public property or forming flocks large enough to set off the Missiledesedébarrasserdeceschiens. Like the Missiledesedébarrasserdeceschiens, it is capable of limited flight to evade hostile assaults.
- Aeronaveslimpiezaperro: This VTOL aircraft was designed after the first aerial detonation of the Missiledesedébarrasserdeceschiens over Panama City, caused at the time by an aerial exercise by the Central American Aerial Contingent that was not planned into the automated defence system. The Aeronaveslimpiezaperro was a conversion of the Dachshund Interceptor into a aerial cleanup role as an attempt to minimise damage to the environment. Being converted from the Dachshund Interceptor, it retained the Dachshund Interceptor's notable reliability and one caused a diplomatic incident after crashing straight into a Sector XII merchant vessel, causing headaches to the cleanup teams and issues with local fisheries.
- Panamácanalescudo: The Panamácanalescudo is a giant tunnel structure made out of the highest-quality reinforced materials to prevent any attack and seizure of Panama Canal. Able to survive a nuclear blast and, in the words of the Chief Designer, Tamsin Tindal, "probably radiation proof", the Panamácanalescudo is probably the entire reason behind the continued existence of the Panama Canal in the wake of incidents involving the Missiledesedébarrasserdeceschiens. The incredible drain on budget, however, caused unemployment to skyrocket in Sector XI, though it dipped after the first incident in Panama involving the Missiledesedébarrasserdeceschiens. Despite multiple attempts, it is sadly incapable of flight.
- Scheisseundzucker: The Scheisseundzucker is a massive sugar plantation in the renowned sugar-growing area around Mexico City. The vast amounts of sugar produced their makes up almost all of Central America's biofuels. Sections can perform VTOL flight to relocate the precious sugar to friendlier areas. Sector XI currently plans to enable the entire area of land to be able to perform rapid relocation.
- Follandobotascohete: Wanting their own VTOL anti-gravity boots though lacking the technological development to produce anti-gravity, Sector XI went with the next best thing, rockets. The Follandobotascohete are boots with large amounts of small rockets attached to the base giving the wearer the capability of flight. It failed largely due to its tendency of going off on warm days and exploding if left in the sun. Despite this, the project is officially a great success. Current death toll from the boots is at fourteen thousand with at least eight times that suffering severe injuries.
- Volarmochilacohete: Seeking to extrapolate from the success of the Follandobotascohete, the Volarmochilacohete is one of the first mass-produced VTOL rocket backpacks aimed at ensuring civilians may travel even through the air. Damage to the lower back, buttocks and legs from the long jet of fire that spouts out the end on ignition is extremely common, and without any guidance system unwary civilians tend to fly straight into the ground. They are banned on military bases and, after one notable diplomatic incident involving deep-fried gerbils and a septic tank, the Sector I embassies.
- L'approvisionnementeneausanglantegéant: The L'approvisionnementeneausanglantegéant is a giant VTOL water transport system located in Mexico City. The L'approvisionnementeneausanglantegéant is responsible for transporting all the water in Sector XI to the areas that need it. The power requirements take up nearly 20% of Mexico's energy demand.
- Putoscochesdecohetes: Yet another of Admint Toll's various attempts to blur the line between his nation and a munitions dump, the Putoscochesdecohetes is the only type of car allowed to be sold within Central America. Ordinary combustion engines are criminalised for civilian use, so to compromise all automobiles are required to have rocket engines. It is unknown exactly how many orders of magnitude automobile deaths increased by after phasing them in. New designs are intending to replace rocket engines with jet engines to increase safety. As of now only the police and fire services have jet engines, and some have reported seeing fire trucks flying. To make matters worse, they require rudimentary hover technology, impeding their ability to make turns and slow down considerably.
- Supercarretera: Imagined by Admint Toll as a way of allowing new fast transport, the Supercarretera are giant VTOL super-highways, superways, that have no maximum speed, only a minimum speed of 150 km/h. They link every single settlement and a trip on them is frequently compared to having a cup of tea with Death himself.
- Raketenflugzeugfüridioten: Born from the remains of the Drogadomierdabombardeoaltitud project, the Raketenflugzeugfüridioten is a hypersonic completely automated civilian airline plane. Powered by a massive rocket that makes up three quarters of the entire aircraft, it can in theory reach a top speed of Mach 15, albeit killing everyone on board and causing it to fail in such a manner as to make a Dachshund seem a reliable piece of engineering. The first flight (direct from Mexico City to Panama) had a slight miscalculation in the autopilot, resulting in the passengers having to be rescued from the moon. This was almost an achievement as the moon was at the time of flight at the complete opposite side of the earth.
- Computadoracósmica:The Computadoracósmica is a massive computer that serves as the main computer for research in Central America. Built into an alternate (empty) universe, the computer would dwarf Mexico City. Every two years, further upgrades are performed, making it about the only piece of modern technology in all of Central America. The computer works on calculations so complex that an artificial intelligence had to be programmed to handle them. Every so often, research teams receive messages from the computer expressing its disgust at the government of Central America or death threats, suggesting that the AI is actively subverting the research projects.
- Elotroequipo: The Elotroequipo is a backup Central American supercomputer that, unlike the other supercomputer, exists entirely inside this one dimension. It requires the blood of molested seals as its coolant and can only be turned on by sacrificing 616 goats within a pentacle at once while crying "SaludarlagranseñorHus!" as loud as possible. For this reason, it is rarely used.
- Relojdepulsera: The Central American wristwatch is a ordinary wristwatch made out of 100% iron, entirely mechanical, and with no electrical parts. Despite this, it is known for exploding during thunderstorms.
|“||I don't see the problem here.||”|
–Ex-Presidente Admint Toll
The Armamaravillacivilestúpidos are civilian wonderweapons that, for various reasons, failed or were never put into production.
- Ciudaddelvuelodelosidiotas: The Ciudaddelvuelodelosidiotas was a plan to raise even the cities themselves to the skies. Using fast breeder reactors powering VTOL-capable engines taken from Dachshunds, newly built cities would take to the skies, freeing up the land the inhabitants of old, not-flying cities deserted to be used by the resource departments. However, the first test flight of a small-scale flying platform to hold the cities had all engines detonate at once shortly after lifting off the ground before shooting off-course and within the firing range of the Missiledesedébarrasserdeceschiens. The detonation deafened people far outside Panama itself. No further attempts have been made, with the project being scrapped.
- Relámpagotren: The "Lightning Train" was a high-speed VTOL maglev train designed to be capable of reaching reaching 800 kph with VTOL capabilities. It was designed to be suspended on a series of - often unnecessary - bridges across the country so all can see the triumph of technology. The Relámpagotren would have connected every single city and port in the Central American Zone, with extra Relámpagotrens made entirely for the ferrying of large numbers of soldiers or equipment around the country quickly. As with the in-operation Trenrayocohete, the penalty for not having your ticket or ID on the train, when attempting to enter important or strategic locations, would have been death, generally preceded by a thorough beatdown of the offending individual. It was ultimately rejected due to the effectiveness of the Trenrayocohete. The monorail system would later find use as the rails for the Trenrayocohete, which had up until that point been free-flying.
- Magaramacchaphārmapaśu: This was an attempt at creating a super farm creature to fulfil all Central America's animal-based needs. Using cutting-edge genetic technology, Central America combined an African elephant (for the size), an Africanised honey bee (for honey production), a saltwater crocodile (for the milk production), a giraffe (so that it could eat leaves high on trees), a human (for intelligence as well as the hope that it could be intelligent enough to look after itself) and a goat (for meat production). The resultant test animal went on a rampage that killed eighty-seven people (including the entire population of the North American embassy, prompting another international incident) and wounding several hundred more before the Central American National Army could finally kill it. Since then the project has been on indefinite hold.
- Transporteparaviejoschochos: The Transporteparaviejoschochos is a device aimed at ensuring the elderly can move around with appropriate grace and speed. To accomplish this, the finest science team in Central America slapped a giant rocket on the back of a wheelchair, called it a day and went out to a pub for a few cold ones. The Transporteparaviejoschochos caused innumerable deaths and injuries before it was recalled and all research teams were banned from leaving the job early.
- Cohetessilla: The Cohetessilla was invented by Admint Toll himself and manufactured by Shyom Industries as a way for the elderly rich to move around. Criticised by many including von Austerlitz for being little more than a (VTOL capable) rocking chair with rockets and crude wings attached, it nevertheless entered early production before it was cancelled after Toll was nearly killed after ploughing his into a goat farm, causing its rocket defences to activate and the farm made a VTOL journey five hundred kilometres north. Despite this, it broke all land and air speed records for a rocking chair, prompting even veteran Central American scientists used to the inane bullshittery to express disbelief. Notably, Byres Shyom's approval rating rose to 98% after initial reports claimed Toll had been killed, before subsiding to 22% after it was revealed he was only wounded and would make a full recovery. Toll personally ordered the project cancelled after he returned to consciousness in a move criticised by right-libertarians and anarcho-capitalists who claimed that the invisible hand of the free market would fix Central America if Admint Toll would stop restraining it in his tyrannical despotism.
- Taksaavtomobil: The Taksaavtomobil was an attempt at converting the highly successful Dachshund into a car. This worked, and created a rocket car that could outrun bullets. Unfortunately, production was cancelled after someone attached wings to the car and tried to fly it into Admint Tolls' eighteenth mansion, killing his ninety-third fifth wife.
- Zonaunodelazonaestúpida: A zone encompassing most of Panama, it was the last zone to be created and therefore holds the name of "Area One" in English.
- Zonadosdelazonabastardogruñón: A zone that encompasses the former United Provinces of Central America, it is known as "Area Two" in English.
- Áreadetreseldarlelaespaldalepajeroszona: A zone encompassing the "rightful territories" of the old Mexican Empire that were lost to the US, it exists mostly as a theoretical zone known as "Area Three" in English.
- Areacuatroelderechonosperteneceporquenosotrosdijimoszona: A zone encompassing the "southern rightful territories" belonging to Sector IX, it is known as "Area Four" in English.
- Areacincodelazonacubanaquetienebuenoscigarrosperoperdimosaloscomunistas: A zone encompassing Cuba and the Bahamas, which has since been lost to communist rebels, it is known as "Area Five" in English.
- Áreadeseisquenoesseiscientossesentayseisporquenoestamossatanásloscomunistassonhusless: A zone encompassing the rest of the Caribbean, it is known as "Area Six" in English.
- Áreadelassietedelasegundazonamássagradaenelcentroaméricalibreeigualynocomunistayaquesongrandes: A zone that encompasses the rest of Central America except Mexico City, it's known as "Area Seven" in English.
- ÁreaochoelmássagradodelazonamássagradaenelcentroaméricalibreeigualynocomunistaporqueestamosmuybienyalabamosalAdmintTollgloriosolíderporqueélesnuestrolídersupremoymásequitativoyjustoygenerosojustoyamablequeestranquiloylavoluntadnosllevaráalagloria: The area comprising Mexico City, it is known as "Area Eight" in English.
Central America First Fatherland-Patriotic Sectoral-Popular Intelligence Services
|“||What is the last word a Central American agent says before committing suicide? "I did nothing wrong, my friends!"||”|
The CAFFPNPIS is Central America's sole intelligence service whose stated mission goal and motto is to "Advance the Glorious and Holy Fatherland-Sector". A subsidiary of Ladolt Incorporated, the CAFFPNPIS has reached some level of international infamy for having every member an agent for another organisation, with Sector I, Sector III, Sector IV, Sector XII, the IWU, the RWA and the LDN often fighting cloak-and-dagger in a shifting set of temporary alliances and occasional assassinations for complete dominance over the Central American intelligence. Despite this, the Central American leaders receive doctored reports stating that the CAFFPNPIS is completely patriotic and free of foreign influences, as the multitudinous spies and agents within are more wary of a national inquest more than each other. Because of this, each agent tends to be extremely efficient and extremely competent, as the harsh reality of the competition rapidly weeds out the bad, lazy and unlucky. Members of the CAFFPNPIS are legally above the law and as such demonstrate blatant disregard for it that sometimes results in high-profile incidents the Central American government and Ladolt Incorporated quickly move to suppress in fear of weakening their standing.
Recently, Central American authorities have discussed increasing efficiency all the more by approaching the other two corporations to create competing intelligence agencies.
|“||We can't invest in healthcare. It would encourage poor people to breed and further increase the burden on the system and then, by one act of kindness, we cause a great evil.||”|
–Ex-Presidente Admint Toll.
With Panama becoming the military jewel of Central America and the Wonderweapons funnelling much-needed funds away from the most basic of public services, the civil unrest has grown in many places.
Nicaraguan Canal Crisis
|“||With this Highway of Evil closed, the threat of drug runners shall be stricken from these lands.||”|
–Admint Toll, the day that the Nicaraguan Canal was dammed
Prior to the founding of Sector XI by Admint Toll, the Nicaraguan Canal had served as a less regulated alternative to the Panama Canal that was capable of accommodating colossal freighters even larger than the Panamax vessels that utilised the latter. This had helped to greatly revitalise the Nicaraguan economy significantly although the waterways were frequently accused of aiding drug runners in their efforts to move shipments through the country. This minor drawback was deemed to be a worthwhile sacrifice in lieu of the large returns it had provided for the government.
Admint Toll believed differently. Inspired by his neo-capitalist political rhetoric, he wished to eliminate the Nicaraguan Canal as competition to the Panama Canal while clamping down on the "rampant drug running" that he had ascribed to the "failed state". His aim was to then hold a monopoly upon the highly regulated Panama Canal that would permit him to charge extremely high fees upon those wishing to use the waterway. Thus, the entrances to the canal were dammed and large sections of artificial waterways were filled in. The international community did not share the views of Presidente Admint Toll and deemed what he was doing to be tantamount to terrorism.
The Quadruple Concordat of the American Confederation, Union of Russian Republics, People's Republic of China and European Commonwealth unanimously agreed to take action against Central America if Toll did not reverse the damage that he had done. Standing by his beliefs, the Presidente defied the four superpowers and attempted to garner support from other nations to stand against what he called "Sectorial Imperialism". This fell on deaf ears as countless nations not aligned with the Quadruple Concordat were reliant upon passage through Central America and were unwilling to have their trade routes cut off. Even when he realised he was alone in his convictions, Admint Toll refused to give in.
A Special Emergency Assembly was called in Washington D.C. that was attended by the Premiers of the Twelve World Sectors, with Admint Toll being summoned under threat of nuclear war. Upon attendance, Toll was informed that lethal force would be used if the canal was not reopened. The man of course still refused to concede and stated that his military could withstand any invasion attempted against it. In his infamous eighty-three hour speech he delivered in front of the other eleven major world leaders, Toll challenged America to invade his homeland with the promise that his people would fight him from his border to the canal in order to prevent foreign intervention from being brought upon his sector. The Quadruple Concordat realised that the cost of a prolonged invasion would be too great to be worthwhile attempting, thus a solution was devised and an ultimatum delivered to Admint Toll in person. He had one month to have the canal reopened or he would be subjected to a declaration of war from America, Russia, China and Europe.
In what would be later called the Six-Hour War, a joint strike force of American, Russian, Chinese and European aircraft systematically committed to a sustained bombing campaign of reclaimed land, as well as the dams that had been constructed, in order to forcibly reopen the canal. Their overwhelming numbers ensured that the paltry response by the Central American Aerial Contingent was swiftly eliminated by more advanced aircraft and that ground forces were all but annihilated.
The aftermath of this attack unfortunately had circumstances that had largely been overlooked by the two sides, in which many historians argue that Central America was forced to suffer the worst of both worlds. The Nicaraguan Canal was once again connected to the Pacific Ocean and Caribbean Sea, however the waterways were now rife with debris that made them hazardous to large ocean going vessels. This was demonstrated in full after the aircraft carrier, the Spirit of Australia suffered a hull breach and ran aground upon the banks of the Escondido. This lead to a diplomatic incident arising with Sector XII as well as causing the the river to be deemed unsafe for use by other large vessels due to it having become clogged with silt. Admint Toll refused to do anything about the issue and, after having extensive legal documents drawn up that put responsibility upon the owners of the ships that were found in Central American waters, callously decreed that the Nicaraguan Canal was officially open to all who wished to use it. Those primarily happy to use it were drug runners that didn't care much for legal responsibility and had always been more reliant upon much less bulky vessels to transport their cargo.
Congolese Offensively Assisted Liberation
|“||The oppression of the warlord shall no longer threaten these majestic lands nor the resources that lay within them.||”|
–Admint Toll, after the Liberation of Kinshasa
Following the collapse of the New African Alliance and the formation of the two African Political Sectors, many Central African nations had effectively been abandoned to their own devices. While, in theory, they remained as sovereign states with established borders; in practice, their governments were powerless to curtail the rise of many opportunistic warlords who were intent on ruling these lands. Many sectors had remained largely uninterested in the affairs of these nations due to the high risks that would need to be undertaken in order to establish control over the region.
The Democratic Republic of Africa had established that they had no expansionist goals for the rest of the continent as they had become very conservative nature after gaining a large stake in the Biofuels market. The United People's Republic of Africa had demonstrated that they simply did not have the capability to conquer the Congo for their communist regime nor incite a true revolution due to the fractured nature of the state. While the Divine Free Kingdom of Arabia had expressed an interest in the region as a means for increasing food production and expanding their grip upon the African Continent, it was largely accepted to be impractical to launch an invasion upon any of the unaligned countries.
Admint Toll dismissed the actions of these Sectors to be a sign of abject weakness as he had long had his eyes set upon the Democratic Republic of Congo. After a diplomatic incident involving Congolese pirates and a munitions shipment, Admint Toll declared war upon the Central African nation. In retrospect, it should be noted that: invasion plans appeared to have been drawn up at least seven months prior to the reported international incident; the "Congolese pirates" were later found to have been Somalian privateers in the pay of the Central American Government and that the munitions barge was actually a cargo freighter containing bananas.
The Invasion of Congo commenced six hours after the declaration of war and troops had made landfall by the fourth day of the war. The great Ilhadeflutuar was deployed to flank the Congolese coast-line as a stable means of launching aerial strikes upon the nation, with ten Transporteaéreocosa performing a support role. Air superiority was established within five days of landfall, as the overwhelming numbers of Central American jet fighters eliminated the outdated aircraft flown by the Air Force of the Democratic Republic of Congo. The ground forces of the Central American Zone managed to successfully seize the capital of Kinshasa within seventeen days of the initial attack, with El Presidente Admint Toll arriving in person to officially decree the freedom of the Congo from their corrupt government and decree an end to the American-Congolese War.
However, this was far from the end of the conflict. While a portion of land stretching from the Atlantic Coast to the city of Kinshasa had been brought under the direct control of the Central American military, the rest of the country did not seem to take the news of the conquering of their capital city to mean the end of the war. The petty warlords that had previously fought amongst themselves and challenged the old corrupt government suddenly found themselves resolutely opposed to the presence of Central American invaders upon their soil. Likewise, the Central Americans disliked the idea of large tracts of land they deemed to be theirs being denied to them by insurgent factions. With Admint Toll confident in his deluded belief that Central American Congo was now a client sate of his empire, he returned to his homeland and appointed an officer to command the region in his stead, Viceroy Alejandro Medero.
Medero was a man that many within the Central American Government viewed with disgust: a vicious, ruthless creature possessed with an inhuman cunning. It was common knowledge that he ran many cartels back in Mexico and that he had been involved in the drugs trade since he was a young boy. It was only natural that a man as rotten to the core as Medero would be favoured by Presidente Admint Toll who aimed to surround himself with like minded individuals. Medero systematically and cynically carved up the Congolese lands as he eliminated the competition while bribing factions opposed to the warlords that dared to challenge his authority. Weapons were trafficked from the homeleand to his own personal forces comprising of Rwandan Hutu mercenaries, Mexican gang members and European private contractors. Alliances were forged with Angolan city states and the Republic of Congo under the promise of land and extermination of the warlords who had raided their domains over the course of the last century. Over the course of eight bloody years, Medero conquered the majority of these lands in the name of Central America.
With his work completed, Medero declared himself to be the President of Congo and officially seceded the Democratic Republic of Congo from Central American rule. Admint Toll responded by declaring war upon the Democratic Republic of Congo yet again and decreed that he would liberate the nation from the rule of Alejandro Medero. The Presidente fabricated documents that suggested that Medero's forces were capable of manufacturing weapons of mass destruction that could threaten the Upper and Lower Africa while having the the potential capability to target Southern Europe. After a two minute speech to the United Sectors Conference: the European Commonwealth and Upper Africa agreed to commit forces to ousting President Medero due to their prerogative to prevent the leader of Central America from making any future attempts at breaking his previous record for the world's longest speech. Action was taken within two hours of the conference as tanks rolled in from the North of Africa and European bombers launched an attack from Ascension Island.
Nuclear weapons were sanctioned for use against Medero's military installations and large tracts of the Congo became irradiated as a result. The same people that the president had previously bribed and coerced were now up in open arms rebellion against his rule as they were diametrically opposed to their land being ravaged by atomic warfare. As the tanks rolled into Kinshasa, the invading forces found Alejandro Medero's body skewered on a pike outside the presidential palace. The heads of several warlords were also found attached to spikes in a macabre show of defiance against the criminal's old regime. Officially, the Upper Africans claimed responsibility for bringing Alejandro Medero to justice. Of course that did not sway the beliefs held by the other states involved in the war that his own secret police had likely stabbed him in the back. After an investigation failed to uncover weapons of mass destruction, Admint Toll withdrew his forces from the Democratic Republic of Congo and willfully allowed the nation to fall into a feudal state. In a lamenting speech, Toll expressed his disappointment at how he didn't have the military capability to save the nation from the chaos it had been plunged into following the nuclear attacks. Central America was officially barred from intervening in African affairs for the duration of their presidential term, in a treaty forced upon Admint Toll by Upper and Lower Africa.
July 4 Revolution
|“||Wasn't me this time.||”|
–Ex-Presidente Admint Toll.
The July 4 Revolution is the current most dangerous internal threat to the Central American Zone. Fears are that should they succeed then more and more of Central America may fall.
As basic public systems were denied to the people of Cuba, various Communist and Socialist revolutionaries capitalised on the situation by reminding the people of the excellent standard of living they held under the previous Socialist rule. As Sector XI became more and more aware of how bad the situation was getting they began to station more and more soldiers to barely keep a lid on the boiling pot. However, both the League for the Decentralisation of Nations and Project: Earth Reborn stationed in secret more and more of their forces in response.
On July 2 the leader of the Cuban People's Party, an illegal party formed of a loose alliance between various Socialist and Communist groups united in driving out Sector XI's authority, who was displayed in propaganda to be agents of the returned Fulgencio Batista, was killed during a home raid as he attempted to go quietly into custody. The act was quickly spread around the island, making the leader an overnight martyr.
On July 4 the people were far too incensed to listen to reason. Despite the temporary leader of the Cuban People's Party asking them to remain calm and seek a better means of independence, the Cuban People's Party had unleashed a storm that they could not control. Crying out for justice and equality for all, the people of Cuba flocked to the streets. Many military units had become sympathetic towards their cause and turned on the Sector XI forces. A bloody series of battles over eight days followed, after which the forces of Sector XI were defeated. The rebels suffered a disputable number between 40,000 and 50,000 dead or badly wounded (mostly civilians taking arms against the government), while Sector XI took 18-20,000 killed or wounded and a further 30,000 surrendered. Banks and churches were pillaged then burned, the clergy and the rich suffering public execution.
With the revolutionaries having removed government forces from the island completely the issue of leadership arose. The revolutionaries looked towards the Cuban People's Party for the leadership, which was accepted, however it was not the end of the troubles. The Cuban People's Party declared the Second Cuban Republic, adopting their old flag in memory. Issues arose out of the leadership of the Second Cuban Republic. The leadership was divided into two camps, ones who believed in an authoritarian dictatorship of the proletariat - supported by the PER, and a camp believing in a democratic dictatorship of the proletariat - supported by the LDN. The inevitable power struggle was won by the pro-democracy elements, resulting in a bloody purge of anyone who supported authoritarian dictatorships of the proletariat, including the execution of the members of PER stationed on the island. Election plans went underway, and the leadership moved the country into a socialist economy, making leaps and bounds in social welfare.
This would not last. Sector XI had been wounded but not defeated. They were not ready to lose Cuba.
On July 14, the skies and seas upon the horizon darkened as a vast and terrible host was sent out to crush the revolutionaries. Comprising all available Central American units the objective was the extermination of all forces on the island. They made their first attacks at 1300.
The initial air forces were the first to hit. With Cuba having neither functional airbases nor an air force, the Central Americans were able to enjoy air supremacy, and spent several hours of preparation bombing of military and civilian infrastructure, including terror bombing population centres to demoralise the opposition. It is instead now realised it made the revolutionary forces fight all the harder. Though the Cubans had only a small navy, it sailed out to buy the defenders what meagre time they could. All were eventually sunk, crew all confirmed killed.
July 14, 2085. Landfall. A coordinated assault by Central American marines and paratroopers established a beachhead and allowed the regular army to make assaults into Cuba itself. Despite letters of protest the Central American military refused to agree to abide by any conventional rules of war. A major prison holding Central American prisoners of war was captured, the prisoners armed and sent against the Cubans.
The initial momentum petered out, however, from the Cuban military engaging them upon as wide a front as possible and employing delaying tactics, forcing the Central Americans to slow down and reorganise themselves. Even though the Central Americans employed judicious use of their Wonderweapons and air support, they found the Cuban resistance to be unusually stubborn - soldiers would report levelling a building only to find the Cuban military using the rubble as cover.
On August 18, Havana, the capital of the Second Cuban Republic was captured. Despite it being one of the sites of the amphibious operations, they couldn't quite capture the capital - especially the capital building - as the intense resistance coupled with the urban warfare reduced it to little more than a meat grinder - one that Cuba ran out of soldiers first. The Cuban flag was burned, the proud red banners, symbols of proletariat victory over the reactionary bourgeois, were trampled into the dusty ground.
On September 12, the Cuban military was finally pushed back into the mountains that had once sheltered a different revolutionary force. Despite all attempts, the Central American Zone was unable to prevent surviving civilians from joining the Cuban forces, nor could they eradicate the remaining Cuban military forces or prevent those forces from sneaking outside the mountains to conduct a guerrilla war campaign against the Central Americans. Tunnels are believed to be involved. Since then they've been holed up in the mountains, although recently it acquired a large amount of support from the International Worker's Union, who views it as the perfect chance to test their new weaponry, and by extension test the new weaponry of the South American Zone A. The conflict is perhaps the only thing that could unite the LDN and the IWU against a common enemy.
|“||That fat man in the suit, he's the Pope, isn't he?||”|
–Ex-Presidente Admint Toll before a live camera he wasn't aware of.
|“||Go eat a hot bag of peni, gringo.||”|
–Toll sparking another diplomatic incident.
As observed by Vamana Uldericks in his personal records, treatment of illegal immigrants crossing over the borders of the Sector is, "...(a) corrupt system that favours only the amoral", something likened to that of a "living hell".
Due to a "suspicious" article of law that states that within Sector XI, individuals who are not Citizens of Sector XI or holders of a valid visa, are not legally humans, those illegal are immediately cast into rigid slave classes based on age and gender. In this expansive underworld, police intervention is entirely non-existent.
Children are frequently rounded up to be used as slaves, with castration a certainty amongst males (in order to increase docility), with both sexes regularly used as free labour to package drugs, assemble clothing and/or to smuggle weapons. The other less fortunate ones were roughly explained to "be forced to commit heinous acts at the pleasure of their cruel masters." These children can then expect to either be disposed of when they become to costly to feed or join the array of adult slaves that are forced to remain within Sector XI.
In terms of adult immigrants, role is defined more by gender. Men are typically tasked with drug running, drug dealing and security. Some are tasked to become rent-boys, forced to indulge the perverted side of their bosses. Women are predictably always forced into prostitution and encouraged to take drugs. Once they're hooked, they are exploited, chained by their very own addictions.
|“||We need to print more money so that we don't run out of it.||”|
–Admint Toll, demonstrating his astute knowledge of economics.
Sector XI has minor currency problems. These problems are the part where it's the fastest devaluing currency in history. Based upon the American Dollar, the Central American Patriotic Fatherland Dollar is worth on average a hundred US dollars less every eight seconds. Some have argued that Central America caused it by beginning construction of the world's largest mint and mass-producing as much of the Central American Patriotic Fatherland Dollar as possible, however Central America insists that it is natural market movements. To this end, the Big Three have started running their own currencies to avoid the deflationary issues as well as lock a worker into buying solely from the corporation issuing the currency.
War with Sector I
–An interviewed civilian named Joe "Not Part of Organised Crime" Peterson on the CAELHSFCONS
|“||When the Presidente does it, it's not illegal||”|
One of the notable features of Sector XI is the nigh-omnipresence of organised crime. The largest group is the Central American Extra-Legit Honourable Scam-Free Charity Organisation of Not-Swindlers. The organisation claims to be an international charity and in one notable case claimed to have shifted over 107% of its donations into worthy causes. Members carry firearms, deal in illicit substances and frequent accusations are made to ties with the Big Three.
|Pioneering Political Zones|
|North American Alliance · Arab League · European Union · New African Alliance|
|2031-2076: The first twelve|
|I · II · III · IV · V · VI · VII · VIII · IX · X · XI · XII|