This article, NACDF, is still being written by its owner SniperGhost. They apologise for the inconvenience.
FoundingThe NACDF (North Atlantic Chimera Defence Force) are an elite group of highly advanced and secretive military personal who are pledged to protect the Euro-American Alliance from any military action from Russia or China. The NACDF hare a result of the Z.E.U.S (Zenith of Evolving Unit Security) Project where a group of human engineers and geneticists were hired by varoius governments to create a new, powerful elite class of super mech-warriors designed as a nuclear deterent and to spearhead attacks against dictators who committed crimes against Humanity. The Project began in 2978 and its purpose was to create these warriors who were originally to lead exploration teams on inhospitable planets such as Mars. Ultimately the project was seized and controlled by America and United European Confederation shortly after the Chinese Republic withdrew their support to continue their own Red Star project. Volunteers where taken from the special forces of the various governments and experimented on. The first results were failures as candidates violently rejected genetic and mechanical implants, the first attempts to fuse a warrior into his or her exoskeleton were disasterous as the electronic and genetic piloting systems overloaded, frying the candidate's nervous system. After four years of frustratingly little progress, a virus was discovered that unlocked the potential of a host's genetic material allowing him or her to alter parts of their body and mass produced combat stimulents and hormones, as well gaining additional senses such as detecting electrical impulses of a target's nervous system, somewhat simular to sharks. This virus was captured and bred and was eventully engineered to sync with a host's brain allowing the virus to become part of the host and therefore controllable. This ultimately solved the problems surrounding the fusing of a warrior into an exoskeleton. Afterwards giant robotic battlesuits and devastating biological and energy weapons were developed for these warriors to use, the virus itself was called the Colossus Strand.
The first batch of fully functioning warriors were created 23 years after the project was conceived and were engaged in rigourous training excerises for a standard 30 months, where the recruits got used to their new abilites and suits. These first warriors of whom 155 had volunteered, 97 had survived their implants and proceeded to finish their training. Their first mission against Indonesian forces (as the leader of Indonesia had degraded into a despotic tyrant who committed genocide and attack several of his smaller neighbours) was a success and thousands of enemy soldiers were killed with minimal casulties on the Alliance's part. After two weeks of bloody fighting the poorly equipped Inndonesian army was defeated and peace and stability were restored along with democracy.
The candidate is implanted with genetic implants that produce combat hormones in large quanitities and increase adrenelin production and change the composition of their blood so it transports oxygen and nutrients around their body with a massively increased efficency and improves its clotting properties. This increases the candidates regenerating abilities and allows them to survive the fusion process that permanently fuses the candidates into their exoskeletons.
The candidate is implanted with the Colossous Virus and receives mechanical units which increase synapse activity which allows the candidate to interface with the nerve circuitary of the exoskeleton and control it like the extentsion of his or her body that it is. Mechanical muscles are also implanted to increase the candidate's strength and agility, allowing them to move in their exoskeleton with ease.
The candidate is fused into their exoskeleton which is comprised of a titanium and carbon alloy weave bodysuit with incorperated neural circuitary and kevlar armour plates. The skelton totally covers the candidate's body, only leaving their head and face open to the surrounding environment. The armour is studded with connectio ports which are used to bind the candidate into their robotic suit. The candidate receives further implants which increase their senses and allow them to detect electrical impulses and switch to heat vision.
The candidate is now ready to be binded to their robotic suit known as a Hydrus. The Hydrus Suit is 4 metres tall and 1.7 metres wide at the shoulders, composed of highly advanced neuro circuits and mechanical muscles, the Suit can be piloted with precision and ease. It is armoured in thick, stream-lined plates of steel, strengthened with kevlar and titanium fibres, all this is overlaid in light, but strong anti-ballistics plastic which is resilient to explosives and energy weapons. The suit has five hardpoints (shoulders, back, and forearms) where a wide range of equipment and weaponry can be placed, allowing Suits to be fine-tuned for any situation. These attachments range from advanced sensory equipment like radars and electro-magnetic sensors to weaponry such as machine guns, missile launchers, light energy weapons, biological weapons and defensive turrents as well things like additional armour plating, and stealth generators. Tendrils of the candiate's biological matter spread though the connection ports in their exoskeleton and thoughout the Hydrus, linking the candidate to numerous, neural circuits, memory banks, sensors, mechanics and weaponry and devices as well as the hard points, effectively enmeshing the candidate into the all enclosing Suit and combining them temporarily into a single cyborg mech.
The NACDF uses a wide range of Hydrus Suits, weaponary and equipment.
Many patterns of the Hydrus Suit have been developed to combat the various threats that face global peace and stability and as such the NACDF has a large variety of weapons and suits at it's disposal.
The original Hydrus design this venerable suit is still in service today and is the most suit on the battlefield. A medium suit with thick armour, a wide array of advanced sensory systems, equipment and weaponry, this large bipedal, 4 metre tall machine is the backbone of the NACDF. Able to withstand great damage this durable pattern resembles a heavily armoured stylised man, equipped with a wide range of hard point mounted weaponry and equipment, these machines are suitable to any situation, being highly diverse and adaptable. They are typically equipped with mini guns, bio-molators, plasma lances or the dreaded maximo missile carbine. The most common weapon these suits use however is the GX-M72 war rifle
A lighter armoured pattern of the Colossus, this newer suit is equipped with an chain-ripper and other close quarters weapons as a bio-molator, hydra scatter gun, and a chest mounted shredder carbine. Also equipped with advanced radar, navigation and jetpack systems along with specialised mechanics, these are the air-bourne shock and awe assault troopers of the NACDF. They engage any threat at high speed, attacking from above and from the flank raking their target with fire and tearing them apart with their chain-rippers.
The smallest Hydrus suit standing at only 2.4 metres tall and 1 metre wide, this is the stealth and sabotage unit of the NACDF. Equipped with the most advanced stealth generator and sensory systems, this suit is almost undetectable to anyform of survalence, with the exception of the most advanced alien sensors. This and its lighter form along with silent weaponry make it perfect for all kinds of stealth orientated objectives. Equipped with a shock spike, toxetas launcher and mine dispensor means it has relatively high firepower for its size and energy signeture.
The largest Hydrus suit standing at 6.8 metres tall and 3 metres wide, this is the heavy artillery, fortress-like suit of the NACDF. Weighing in at a massive 63.5 tonnes, this incredible suit is only deployed where the fighting is the most heavy and dangerous. Deploying missile batteries, plasma mortars and laser lances, this suit is the heavy siege unit of the Hydrus Suits and is used to level entrenched forces and bombard large clusters of enemy forces. Though this suit isn't as lethal in close quarters combat as the other patterns but is far from defenseless as this type of suit has bio-molators built-in to its arms, making it a capable close quarters combatant in the highly unlikely event it is forced to close with its targets.
A specialised suit that can be equipped with technology and capabilities from any of the elemental powers. The suit works by channeling elemental energy from the surroundings (and the pilot if they are especially gifted in an element) into deadly attacks. For example an Elementa dedicated to fire may absorb heat from the environment use it to produce a plasma which may be used against a target. These suits are the same size as the Colossus and are the most recent and advanced of the Hydrus Suits. They typically have nano orbs and possibly a fire arm such as the Laser Lance as a reliable form of back up should their elemental capabilities be compromised for any reason.
- Mini Gun- electrical powered, 6-barreled machine gun, capable of fire rates upto 1200 RPM, uses 120mm rounds.
- Bio-molator- flamethrower-like weapon, which fires clouds of highly corrosive acidic neurotoxins, uses bio-toxin implants to produce fuel.
- Laser Lance- a powerful long ranged anti-armour weapon which fires pulses of laser fire which expand over the surface of the target.
- Plasma Lance- a medium-range assualt cannon which fires stream-lined bolts of magnetised plasma, automatically with fire rates up to 300 RPM.
- Maximo Missile Carbine- a medium-range assualt cannon which fires small fragmentation rockets with fire rates up to 55 RPM.
- Hydra Scatter Gun- a small shotgun-like canon which fires waves of bio-crystal which spread out like a net and release powerful electric shocks when it hits a target.
- Shredder Carbine- a light carbine which fires saw blades made of large bio-crystals which secrete highly corrosive acid along their sharp edges.
- Toxtas Launcher- a medium-range canon which fires large spears to take targets out at range quickly and silently.
- Missile Battery- a large artillery piece which fires massive fragmentation and high-explosive missiles to level fortications and troop formations.
- Plasma Mortar- a large mortar which fires arcing plasma bolts which expand massively on contact, used to bombard and suppress enemy troops and vehicles.
- BX-L18- 80 calibre sniper rifle which fires gas-propelled rounds at high speeds and they fragment within the target and release massive doses of clotting agent which causes huge volumes of blood within the target's tissues and organs to dry up. This makes it clean, instant kill against human targets (even if they are within a tank) and will quickly take down horrors with a single shot. Used by Colossus and Medusus Suits alike.
- GX-M72 War Rifle- a powerful rifle that fires 6.3mm rounds using anti-grav technlogy, significantly reducing recoil and increasing accuracy. The weapon can fire up to speeds of 340 RPM and the rounds are covered in jagged spikes that spring up from the round when it penetrates the target, ripping the its insides out when the round leaves though an exit wound.
- Shock Spike- a large spike which releases a localised EMP and powerful electric jolt though the enemy on contact, quietly fusing both circuitry and nerves alike.
- Chain-Ripper- a large sword-like glaive which has diamond-edged teeth along its edges, somewhat similar to chainsaws, used by the Hydrus Belathon.
Hard Point Equipment
- Heavy Armour- thick plates of steel coated in pure carbon and kevlar added to hard points on Hydrus Suits as additional armour.
- Missile Pod- a small missile launcher that fires small heat-seaking missiles good for killing flying or small targets. Typically placed on the right shoulder of a Colossus.
- Nano Orbs- canisters that contain small nanobots, originally designed for scavenging, they can also double up as a useful weapon or distraction, release acid when destroyed.
- Analysiser- a device which is used to extract genetic samples from mutants to devise a neurotoxin that will kill a target in minutes, whilst incapicitating it, produces the toxins quickly.
- Enhancer- advanced sensory device which further increases a suits radar and visual systems.
- Neurox- small electro-chemical injector which enhances a suits response times by improving the sync link with its pilot.
- Spartha- small handcanon which fires uranium rounds which are filled with magnetically sealed plasma, which is released inside a target. The weapon also has a wave dampener, this makes the weapon perfect for quick, quiet kills at relatively close ranges. Maybe built on the forearm of any hydrus suit.
- Mine Dispenser- a dispenser attached to a Hydrus Medusus which plants various mines on the floor for ambushes, the mines use concentrated radiation bursts, calibrated to destroy either armour or troops and mutants.
The NACDF typically advance on a target in a spread out skirmish formation, while laying down fire as long as it is feasible, often encircling the target and destroying it utterly with well placed shots. However more specilised suits will engaged from above, the flanks, behind or whatever direction the nature of their design will capitalise on, with more melee focused Chimeras getting in close and personal under supporting fire to deliver precise death blows from whatever close quarter combat weapons they are using. Explosives are often use to create temporary cover in the form of blasts and clouds of debris to throw their foes' aim and disorientate them. Whenever they can the NACDF will destroy a target from range, using the least ammount of munitions as possible for maximum efficiency and to prepare for the next battle. They fight in an extremely surgical and logical manner using specific amounts of ammo at specific timing and locations, striking at the foe's weak points be it a lone tank or a formation of enemy soldiers. The whole style of warfare used by the NACDF is rather guerilla-like and relies on suppressing the enemy and restricting their movement whilst hammering them with precise attacks, be they sniper shots, a thrust from a chain-ripper, a hail of fire from an aerial weapon or a fired missile. This manner of cold, calculating logic is almost certainly the result of the numerous mechanical implants and the link with a suit that all recruits and seasoned pilots alike receive.
1. Analysis the target to uncover his weak points.
2. Plan the best approach.
3. Ranged combat takes priority over close quarter combat, if viable.
4. Strike with precision, exploit his faults and dominate the battlefield.
5. Retrieve any useful intel after the battle.
6. Kill those who threaten the peace with discrimination, target the biggest threats first, but take the subtle ones into account.
7. Move with speed, strike like a snake, quickly and with cold, unrelenting precision against lesser foes.
8. Target armoured threats above all others, disabling them quickly before your suit sustains major damage.
9. Be efficient, don't waste time or munitions, always plan for the next war.
10. We are deadlist when flesh and steel are united in a perfect synchronisation of force.
The NACDF are organised into regiments of five 250-strong companies, each company is led by a Leftentant and each regiment is led by a major who has two Captains as executive officers. Five regiments form a war cell which is commanded by a Brigerdeer, who is supported by three Colonels. Ten war-cells form a deterent-zone which is led by a Field Marshall, who has eight Leftentent-Generals as support staff. The Field Marshalls then report to the General Staff which is led by two commanding Generals, one for each hemisphere. The design of the line of command and organisation of soldiers is designed to be flexible with any number of units able to switched to a different war cell or deterent-zone as appropriate dictated by the conditions on the ground. This makes for a highly mobile command structure which allows the NACDF to launch pre-emptive attacks or counter-attack almost immediately as information and reports come in.
Promotion is earned purely by merits, with the lowest officer being able to gain high rank through his own merits as this promotes the most logical and able officers to positions of importence. NCOs if they have performed well enougth may become availible for commission, through this is rare as the need to do so is very infrequent, through it has become more common as officers are killed fighting the Urcron.